- Service updates
- Stations and maps
- Travelling with us
- About us
- News and media
Close to Sydney
The Sydney experience doesn't end at the edge of the CBD. Within a five kilometre radius of Central Station, Sydney Trains can take you to many of the destinations that make Sydney such a colourful and enjoyable place to visit.
Soak up the sun at Sydney's famous Bondi Beach, home of Australia's oldest life saving club, the stunning Icebergs pool and club and weekly Sunday markets.
- To get there take the Eastern Suburbs Line to Bondi Junction and connect with Sydney buses at the interchange.
- Visit the Destination NSW (Bondi) website.
Here you'll find vegetarian restaurants, boutiques, art galleries and a colourful Saturday market not to be missed. Fossick for retro homewares, bric-a-brac and recycled designer clothing in a relaxed café haven.
- To get there take the light rail from Central Station to Glebe.
- Visit the Destination NSW (Glebe) website.
Party in the nightclubs of 'the Cross', or watch the world go by in the cafes of bohemian Victoria Street.
- To get there take the Eastern Suburbs Line directly to Kings Cross.
- Visit the Destination NSW (Kings Cross) website.
Learn to surf, play a game of beach volleyball or rollerblade along the promenade.
- To get there take a City Circle train to Circular Quay and connect with Sydney ferries.
- Visit the Destination NSW (Manly) website.
Sample the energetic 24 hour street life of King Street Newtown, with its 70 cafes and restaurants, its quirky bookstores and galleries, its out-there fashion and up-there eclectic attitude.
- To get there take the Inner West Line to Newtown Station.
- Visit the Destination NSW (Newtown) website.
Sydney Fish Markets
Experience the controlled chaos of a working fish market and savour the closest thing to catching it yourself.
- To get there take the train to Central and connect with Light Rail to the Sydney Fish Markets.
- Visit the Sydney Fish Markets website.
See Australia's unique animals at one of the world's premier zoos, Taronga Zoo, with its spectacular setting high above Sydney harbour.
- To get there take a City Circle train to Circular Quay Station and connect with Sydney ferries.
- Visit the Taronga Zoo website.