- Service updates
- Stations and maps
- Travelling with us
- About us
- News and media
Planning your trip
Plan ahead to make your journey as smooth as possible
We want you to get the most out of travelling on Sydney Train services. Sydney Trains recommends the following:
- Visit the network map to identify the stations you need to use on your journey, including interchange stations.
- Check the station facilities at your departure and destination stations meet your needs.
If you need more information you can call the phone number listed underneath the station name.
If the station does not meet your access needs, you will need to travel to or from a more accessible station or make alternative travel arrangements.
- Check for service interruptions or trackwork information.
If buses are replacing trains and you need an accessible bus to travel, contact your departure station to arrange. Please allow additional travel time if you require this service.
- If you need help to use the train service or need to use a lift or escalator, contact the station you are departing from and let staff know of your needs and travel plans.
- We recommend you arrive at the station early to familiarise yourself with the station layout. When you arrive, let the station staff know how they can help you.
- Our staff are unable to operate your mobility aid, lift or carry customers or their mobility aids, or attend to a customer's personal care. Please travel with a friend or carer if you need this kind of help when travelling.
You can also contact us for:
- information on timetables and fares
- trip planning
- service interruptions
- station facilities - including to check whether a station is staffed
- providing feedback on a service
- making a complaint.