- Service updates
- Stations and maps
- Travelling with us
- About us
- News and media
Other modes of transport may have different accessibility challenges
If your journey includes other modes of transport, check station details and consider the following information.
Buses and ferries
- Many stations have a bus stop or ferry wharf nearby, but there may not be an accessible path from the station to the bus or ferry.
- Not all bus and ferry services are accessible.
Call 131 500 or visit transportnsw.info to check if a service is accessible.
- Taxi ranks are located near many Sydney Trains stations.
- Some ranks are accessible to customers with restricted mobility, while others require the help of a friend or carer.
- We advise you to phone the station to check before setting out.
- If there is an emergency or a significant disruption to train services we may, at our discretion, provide taxis as an alternative transport mode.
Please check Station details for further details.
- Some stations have a car park close by, many of which are not owned by Sydney Trains.
- Some have accessible spaces, but there may not be an accessible path from the station to the car park.
- Fees may apply, especially in city areas.
- Commuter car parks accept the parking concessions available under the Roads and Maritime Services Mobility Parking Scheme. For more information call RMS on 132 213.
See terms and conditions of entry that apply at Transport for NSW commuter car parks.
- Bike racks are available at some stations.
- In addition, Transport for NSW operates secure bike lockers at some stations.
Visit the Transport Info website for details, including prices.