- Service updates
- Stations and maps
- Travelling with us
- About us
- News and media
The 2010 CityRail timetable starts Sunday 10 October
The 2010 timetable will see changes for customers on the Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra and the South Coast lines. Changes to the Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra and South Coast timetables will have some flow-on effect to the other CityRail timetables.
- More services between Cronulla and the City during the peak, off-peak and on weekends including four new express morning peak services for customers between Cronulla and Kirrawee.
- Additional evening peak services to Cronulla, Waterfall and Hurstville.
- On weekends, two additional services an hour will operate between Cronulla and Bondi Junction with a 10 minute service frequency at Bondi Junction.
- Electric trains with more seats will replace most diesel trains between Kiama and Wollongong, providing a more comfortable journey.
- Faster journey times for weekend services between Kiama and Sydney.
- Weekend services will be extended through to Bondi Junction providing direct access to stations like Town Hall and Bondi Junction without the need to change trains.
- Improvements to late night services from the City to the South Coast, including a reduction in the current gap in services, and with the last three services departing from Bondi Junction.
Changes on your line
Get a summary of the changes and download the new timetable for your line:
Please note that Sydney Ferries timetables have also been adjusted, to better match services with demand. Some bus timetables may change to improve connections with CityRail trains and ferry services. Remember to check your ferry and bus timetable before you travel.
New infrastructure, more services
The NSW Government has invested $436 million in new assets to provide more track and more trains to deliver better services on the Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra and South Coast lines. Find out more.