- Service updates
- Stations and maps
- Travelling with us
- About us
- News and media
Facts and stats
Sydney Trains operates quick, frequent and reliable trains in the greater Sydney suburban area (bounded by Emu Plains; Berowra; Waterfall and Macarthur).
- 1 million customer journeys per weekday
- 287 million customer journeys annually
- 176 stations (includes 4 Airport Line stations)
- 2,008 electric and diesel cars (includes 560 NSW fleet)
- More than 2,800 timetabled trips per day
- One eight-carriage train can move 1,000 customers
- 91% of trains are air-conditioned
- Operate across more than 815km of electrified track
- Workforce of 10,450
- The first railway in Sydney was opened between Sydney and Parramatta in 1855.
The NSW TrainLink Intercity network extends to the Hunter, Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands and South Coast regions.