- Service updates
- Stations and maps
- Travelling with us
- About us
- News and media
Facts and stats
Sydney Trains operates quick, frequent and reliable trains in the greater Sydney suburban area (bounded by Emu Plains; Berowra; Waterfall and Macarthur).
- 1 million customer journeys per weekday
- 277 million customer journeys annually1
- 176 stations (includes 4 Airport Line stations)
- 2,008 electric and 560 diesel cars (includes NSW TrainLink fleet)
- 2,885 timetabled trips per day
- One eight-carriage train can move 1,000 customers
- 97.8% of trains are air-conditioned2
- Operate across 904km of electrified track
- Workforce of 10,450
- The first railway in Sydney was opened between Sydney and Parramatta in 1855.
The NSW TrainLink Intercity network extends to the Hunter, Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands and South Coast regions.
1. Source: Bureau of Transport Statistics
2. This equates to nearly 100% of timetabled services